Calling all amateur film and photography enthusiasts! Heritage India is happy to announce its first ever Film and Photography Contest! In an effort to showcase India’s rich cultural and natural heritage, we want to invite all amateur photographers to capture our magnificent heritage on lens and participate in the contest!
Last Date of submission: 20th January 2019
Announcement of Winners: 26th January 2019
INR 500 per FILM entry (1 film)
INR 300 per PHOTO entry (2 photographs)
1st prize (Film): prizes worth INR 10,000
Runner Up (Film): prizes worth INR 7,000
1st prize (Photo): prizes worth INR 8,000
Runner up (Photo): prizes worth INR 5,000
- The Film must have been shot on a mobile camera. Photographs can be shot on any camera.
- Entries for the Heritage India Short Film and Photography Contest is open for everyone. Participants under the legal age must submit a consent letter from their parent or guardian.
- The Film / Photograph must be based on the concept of Indian Heritage (tangible and intangible). We are currently not accepting Animated Films. [Tangible Heritage includes buildings and historic places, monuments, artifacts, etc., which are considered worthy of preservation for the future. These include objects significant to the archaeology, architecture, science or technology of a specific culture.Intangible Heritage includes but not limited to traditional festivals, oral traditions, performing arts, social practices, rituals, festive events, knowledge and practices concerning nature and the universe or the knowledge and skills to produce traditional crafts.]
- The short film can be in any language, but silent films are also accepted.
- The total runtime of the Short Film, including opening & closing credits, should strictly be a minimum of 3 minutes and a maximum of 10 minutes.
- The photographs should be of at least 1200 pixels either side (width or height), maximum 10 MB file size and in jpeg/png format.
- The Last Date for Submissions is 20th January 2019. Film / Photograph should be submitted before deadline.
- Entry Forms with incorrect / inadequate / illegible / ambiguous / incomplete particulars will not be considered. The contest committee reserves the right to accept or refuse any film / photographs without assigning any reason whatsoever.
- The Short films / Photographs must be uploaded to Google Drive through the form published on www.heritage-india.com and must be made available for download to the contest organizers. YouTube links are not accepted.
- Only Short Films / Photographs produced after 1st January 2017 are eligible for the contest.
- The Entry Fee is INR 500 per film and INR 300 for per photo entry (2 photographs allowed per entry) . The Entry form/ Application will be considered only on receipt of film/photographs plus the respective entry fee. Payment can be made online (through the link available on the website) or by cash/cheque at the Heritage India office.
- Multiple entries from the same participant are accepted, but each film/photo entry must be accompanied by a separate form and entry fee.
- Heritage India Communications Pvt Ltd reserves the rights to copy or use the material submitted by the participants in any form, online or offline, for contest’s promotion and for archival purposes.
- Contest Organizers reserve the right to change / modify / alter any rule or its part or event of this competition anytime.
- Judges’ decision will be final and binding. No correspondence will be entertained regarding the decision.
- Heritage India Communications Pvt Ltd will use its best efforts to announce the selected films and photographs, winners on 26th January 2019, but will not be held liable for any unforeseen delays.
- All films/photographs will be judged equally based on:
- Content Originality (Quality of storyline, and script)
- Production (Camera work, lighting, and shot composition)
- Post- Production (Editing, transitions, pacing, continuity, and flow)
- Image (Focus, colour, and lighting)
- Sound Quality (Clarity, consistency of audio levels)
- All photographs will be judged equally based on:
- Adherence/Appropriateness to Theme
- Originality and Creativity
- Overall Artistic Impression
- Clarity and Quality of Submission
- Colour, Lighting, Exposure and Focus
- Entrant agrees to be bound by contest rules and regulations as established herein.
- Heritage India Communications Pvt Ltd reserves the right to extend the contest deadline for any unforeseen reasons if needed.
- Entry constitutes permission to use participant’s name, films/photos for future advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation.
- All content used in the short film / photograph must be either owned or licensed. If any copyrighted material is used in the film, the participant must have the permission and submit a copy to the Contest Organizers.
- Short films/photographs that are submitted must be the entrants’ original work and shall not infringe on any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties.
- Heritage India Communications Pvt Ltd organizing, selection committee members, juries are not allowed to participate in respective contest.
- Entrants will retain all ownership rights to their films/photographs submitted.