Volunteering is a great way to gain valuable experience. Additionally, it can enhance your CV or university application. Whether it’s helping to clean and revamp a local museum, running workshops, editing web content for heritage organizations or guiding curious visitors, there is a huge range of roles available.
This initiative will work towards building bridges between heritage and citizens, creating understanding between people active in the field by appropriate hands-on projects and educational activities.
At Heritage India, we value and appreciate the full worth of our volunteers. This statement is designed to demonstrate our commitment to volunteering and individual volunteers, ensuring all volunteers are treated consistently, equally and fairly.
The aims of the initiative will be
…to create empathy by allowing you to engage closely with Heritage allowing a more sensitive approach to the related issues.
To create awareness among active citizens, local communities, and concerned authorities of the need and benefits of protecting and promoting Heritage.
Provide active citizens with opportunities to use and learn skills while engaging with the heritage.
Foster cooperation between local active citizens, communities, and authorities.
Identify best practices and develop non-formal education tools to facilitate stakeholders’ participation in the Heritage Education.
As a volunteer, you get to
- Meet new people interested in heritage and related fields
- Gain constructive experience
- Be part of an active and friendly team
- Learn new skills
- Indulge your passion while you engage with your local heritage
How can you volunteer?
Supporting visitors: Share your passion and knowledge by friendly interaction and welcome on various heritage sites.
Maintaining existing sites: Assist the management by helping them maintain their sites by helping clean and preserve their collections while immersing yourself within the historic fabric.
Provoking interest in Heritage: By posing as example active citizens working to protect the city’s heritage and extending your knowledge and awareness through workshops, lectures and other educational activities.Work on Projects: At Heritage India, we encourage and support campaigns that help create awareness and bring change to the historic environment and culture of the city. Become a part of these projects which progressively act as tools for change.
What you can expect from Heritage India
- A welcoming and enjoyable experience.
- To be treated fairly and with respect.
- Appreciation and recognition of your contribution.
- Safe and healthy work conditions.
- You will be given regular opportunity to review what you do with your manager.
- You will be volunteering for an organization which opposes all forms of illegal discrimination.
- Guidance and assistance.
- A certificate for your personal profile to demonstrate the work carried out is available on request to show future employers or further education providers.
What Heritage India expect’s from a volunteer:
- Abide by our code of behavior and organization’s values.
- Fulfill volunteering within the terms specified in organizational policies and procedures.
- Be reliable, punctual and efficient.
- Fulfill the duties as outlined in your Volunteer: Role Description (specific to each opportunity)
What are the benefits of being a volunteer at Heritage India?
At Heritage India, we provide you a platform where we are in touch with the country’s prominent figures working towards the country’s all round research, preservation, and development. Being a volunteer with our team allows you a ground to gain experience within a formal set up. Additionally, the organization provides acknowledgments as per the nature of work (Certificate, Experience Letter, Recommendations, Etc)
Heritage India Communications Pvt. Ltd. reserves the right to withdraw an offer of volunteering if the above criteria are not fulfilled. For the avoidance of doubt, volunteers are not employees or members of staff and it is not intended that they should be.